Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

NSW Boy Almost Dies After Tick Bite

A supposedly fun family outing turns awry after Billy Fetherston, a 5-year-old boy, suddenly falls into an anaphylactic shock while he and his parents were out in the middle of nowhere. The 20-minute ride to the Murwillumbah Hospital felt like an eternity for Mr Fetherston, who watched his son’s condition rapidly get worse. Billy’s eyes started to roll into the back of his head, and he began to have trouble breathing.

The medical staff at the hospital immediately jumped into action after Billy finally arrived at the emergency department in his mother’s arms. A nurse then revealed that her son got a similar reaction from a tick. After a thorough search, the staff eventually found a tick on Billy’s head.

After 4 gruelling hours in the hospital, Billy was able to return home to celebrate his birthday the following day.

Source: Northern Star

Read the full story by Claudia Jambor

Image Source: Francok35|Pixabay

To learn how you can protect your home, garden, family and pets from dangerous tick bites, visit or call 1300 842 572

TickSafe & the Mozzie Team

Share This: